Every little boy deserves a room he loves. He needs a place of privacy, a place of discovery, and a place that lets him be who he wants to be.
Let's run through a few design ideas your little boy will surely love.
1. Astronaut Room
When I was small, I wanted to be an astronaut. I dreamed of racing passed stars and fighting aliens. Of course, that did not happen. But nonetheless, I dreamed and dreamed of it as a child. Quite honestly, if my wife would let me, I'd probably do my darnedest to turn our bedroom into outer-space today.
1. Throw the stickers on the wall behind the bed and the entire ceiling. It should be enough to cover both as if you were looking at the night sky.
2. The helmet should be placed on a wall shelf. Make sure it is big enough!
3. The model is something that could be used as desk decoration or as another object to place on the shelf. If you are crafty, you could even make the model into a lamp.
4. You know what to do with the bedding. Place them on the bed!
2. Music Room
Boys love music! Actually, I think the majority of humans do. Heck, even my pet parrot seems to love some good music. However, to young boys, music is an outlet. It's a way to express themselves. Giving them a room they can connect with builds trust and helps the child realize you know what it's like being their age.
1. Place the CD cases on the wall using double-sided tape. A great pace for this is above the bed on the wall. Leave the covers inside and create a geometric shape with five or more cases. If you elected for records, hang the cover alone or the record itself on the wall for a nice retro look. You may even wish to display the cover and record side-by-side.
2. Place the musical instrument in a corner using a stand.
3. Draw and cut out notes, clefts, etc. and use double-sided tape to put them on the wall. You should make them big enough to see from a distance. If you are willing, you may actually paint the notes on the wall instead. Be creative! You can use several different colors or you can even stick with only black.
3. Animal Room
Everyone loves animals. They are cute, lovable, and they are an important part of our everyday lives.
1. Design an animal and draw it on the wall using a pencil. Paint it.
Tip: Do an animal he enjoys, like a tiger or monkey.
2. Place the stuffed animals on chairs or desks.
3. Place the figurines around the room on shelves.
4. Add more accents through bedding or curtains.
Every little boy deserves to dream, so why not let him dream in a place he loves? If one of these does not fit his fancy, then choose something else based on what he loves most.
If you are looking to change your homes decor to that of a Mid-Century modern style, there are a few design secrets you should know before getting started. First off I suggest, if you haven’t already, set aside some time for researching this unique design. Get a feel for the architecture of that era, the...
A person’s home is not just a place to stay; it is a mirror to a person’s personality. People from all sections of the society spend a sizeable proportion of their income in decorating their homes. While deciding upon the right kind of home decor, a person should keep in mind various aspects. The first...